Baked Adobo Bacon Mac n’ Cheese
DISCLAIMER: I made this dish for a Friendsgiving event & it was such a hit I have been asked to make it again & I have also received numerous requests for this recipe. So here we are!
Total Time: 60 Minutes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 10 oz Brick of 5mm Bacon Swinery Adobo Bacon (the Cholula Caveman Candy Is also an alternate you can try to add a little spice)
- 1/2 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Pound Shell Shpaed Pasta, Cooked al dente
- 5 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 Cup flour
- 3 1/2 Cups of milk
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- On your stove top bring water to a boil in a 6-8 quart pot & add salt. Once boiling add 1 lb shell shaped pasta.
- Drain pasta once cooked al dente & set it aside in a baking dish.
- In a cast iron pan (for best results), cook chopped adobo bacon over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until it starts to turn golden.
- Add panko breadcrumbs to the adobo bacon & they breadcrumbs will absorb the bacon drippings for extra flavor.
- Melt butter over medium heat in same pan you used to cook the pasta in (a little hack so you have 1 less thing to clean).
- When butter is melted whisk in the flour and cook for one minute. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly whisk in the milk until your sauce is smooth.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes while whisking occasionally until sauce has thickened.
- Add the cheeses to the sauce & then taste test it to check if any salt or pepper is needed. Stir and allow to cook for another minute until the cheese is fully melted.
- Next, pour the cheese sauce over the pasta you have set aside.
- Sprinkle bacon & bread crumbs mixture over pasta with the cheese sauce. Bake in oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.