Paddington’s Orange Marmalade
Aunt Lucy’s Secret Marmalade Recipe
- 4 Oranges
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Cut the ends off the oranges (throw the ends out in the rubbish)
- Cut the oranges in half and then in half again
- Cut the halves into really thin slices and remove any seeds
- Now its time to cook
- put the oranges slices in a pot with the sugar, water and juice from the half lemon and the cinnamon.
- Heat the pot on high heat for a minute or so until the mixture boils
- Turn the heat down to medium low until it simmers or gently bubbles
- stir the pot every few minutes and let it simmer for about half an hour
- Check the temperature with a candy thermometer, when it reaches 222 degrees F its all done.